Caritas Neurosciences - 30-Minute Stroke Care
Stroke Help Line, the 24-hour, on-call hyper acute stroke clinic of Caritas Hospital, is perhaps the only facility of its kind in the region. The expert doctors in the Clinic provide in-hospital evaluation, brain imaging (CT/MRI), and diagnosis and treatment initiation for stroke patients within 30 minutes of arrival.
We also provide specialized care for Transient Ischemic Stroke (TIS). It is a condition where the patient shows stroke-like symptoms which subside by the time they are brought to hospital.
The Acute Stroke Clinic of Caritas Hospital has the following equipment and facilities:
- CT Scanner
- 1.5 Tesla MRI
- Hybrid Cath Lab
- Dedicated Neuro ICUs
- Integrated Neurosurgery units
How to detect stroke?
Do you suspect your friend or family member just had a stroke attack? Check for these symptoms:
- Is one side of the patient's face drooping while smiling?
- Ask the person to raise both hands? Do they experience any difficulty?
- Does the person's speech slur?
You may also find in the patient any of the following symptoms:
- Weakness/numbness in face, arm or leg
- Weakness/numbness on one side of the body
- Confusion/ trouble in speaking and understanding
- Inability to walk, losing balance and body coordination
- Spells of dizziness
- Severe headache with no known cause
- Blurred vision
If you have yes for an answer for any of the above questions, waste no time. Avail medical care for the person at the earliest. Call 9496555800- the stroke clinic at Caritas. Once you give us a call after finding that your friend/family member is suffering from stroke:
- We will guide you on the precautions that have to be taken while shifting the patient to the hospital
- Our stroke team will get ready to provide the best treatment to the patient as soon as they are brought here.
- We prepare Radiology Suite and Cath Lab to provide immediate diagnosis and treatment when the patient arrives
- Treatment decisions will be made within 30 minutes of arrival.
- Patient will be treated with clot-dissolving drugs and advanced mechanical clot retrieval (thrombectomy) in the Cathlab in clinically suitable cases.
- The decision on whether the patient needs a surgery or not will be made after assessing the patient's condition by the Neuro Trauma team.
The first one hour after the stroke attack is called the golden hour. Evaluation and immediate treatment within this time period result in minimal brain damage and maximum clinical outcome.
Remember, it is highly important to provide adequate and immediate medical care to a stroke patient. As it is a life-threatening condition, delay in availing medical care or waiting for the symptoms to go away may prove fatal.
- Comprehensive Stroke Centre
- Dedicated Acute Stroke Team in Emergency
- Cath-Lab with Neuro Interventional Procedures
- Specialized Neuro Rehabilitation Unit
- Video EEG & Sleep Lab
- Aneurysm Coiling
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries
- AWAKE Craniotomy
- Stitchless Spine Surgery for Disc Prolapses
- 19 Bedded Neuro Critical Care ICU
- 24/7 Service from expert Neurologists Neuro Surgeons, Interventional Radiologist &
- Neuro Physiatrist
The only centre in Kottayam performing mechanical thrombectomy