Caritas Neuro Sciences
The Department of Neuro Sciences at Caritas Hospital offers advanced neurology, neurosurgery, spine surgery, neuro oncology and neuro rehabilitation services to patients of all ages.Designed to function like an independent hospital, the Department has an outpatient wing, an inpatient wing, a day care unit, dedicated neuro ICUs, neurosurgery suites, interventional neuroradiology and state-of-the-art imaging facilities including nuclear medicine. The 24-hour emergency division is always ready to handle all neurological and neurosurgery emergencies including complex neurotrauma and hyperacute management of stroke.
Department of Neurology
The Department of Neurology, equipped with all the latest modalities for the diagnosis and management of various neurological disorders, is committed to provide quality patient care. The Department is specialized in the treatment of stroke, epilepsy, movement disorders, headache, neuroinfection and immunology, neuromuscular disorders and dementia.
When it comes to the treatment of stroke, time is very crucial. So our team is in 24×7 bottomless- alert for the treatment of acute ischemic stroke. Appropriate stroke patients are treated with intravenous tissue plasminogen activator (IV TPA), a thrombolytic agent known as clot busting drug. The Department also has facilities for Mechanical Thrombectomy Therapy for acute stroke.
- Electro encephalogram (EEG)
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Evoked potential (VEP, SSEP, BERA)
- Video EEG monitoring
- Cerebral angiogram
- Carotid Doppler
- Trans cranial Doppler
Other Services offered:
- Outpatient Neurology Clinic (6 days a week)
- 24 hr emergency services
- Stroke unit with facility for thrombolysis
- Intra-arterial& endovascular intervention for stroke
- EEG monitoring for epilepsy
- Comprehensive Neuro Rehabilitation
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Comprehensive care for Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders
The Department of Neurosurgery in Caritas Hospital is fully equipped to perform all types of surgeries for a wide range of illnesses including:
- Congenital disorders of brain and spine like hydrocephalus, tethered cord etc.
- Tumors of brain and spinal cord
- Vascular disorders of LNS
- Degenerative disc disorders like disc prolapse
- Traumative(c) injury to brain and spinal cord
The surgeries offered in the Department:
- Micro-neuro surgery for tumors & vascular disorders
- Awake craniotomy
- Minimal invasive surgery for spinal disorders – IVDP, microdiscectomy
- Emergency decompressive craniectomy and other emergency brain surgeries
- VP shunt procedures for hydrocephalus etc.
To know more about Caritas Stroke Helpline click here