Caritas Heart Institute
Caritas Heart Institute has been offering trusted service in heart care for the 25 years. The specialized services offered by the Institute include advanced cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, and heart transplant.
The Institute has two divisions: Cardiology and Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery. The Cardiology Department of Caritas Hospital is specialized in cardiovascular and thoracic surgery for both adults and children. The department also performs angioplasty, bypass surgery, valve repair, balloon dilatation of valves, valve replacement surgery, pacemaker implantation etc. The department has a research cell that participates in multi-centre international research studies.
Our full-fledged cardiovascular units provide all aspects of Cardiothoracic and vascular surgeries under one roof. Our heart surgeons perform many complex procedures, including Heart Failure Surgery, Heart Transplantation, Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery, Heart Valve Surgery, Surgery to Treat Congenital Heart Defects in Children and Adults.
They use the latest innovations and technologies in heart surgery Including, Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery, Transcatheter Valve Implantation, Implantation of Ventricular Assist Devices and total Artificial Hearts. Our heart centre pioneered the ECMO program in the state of Kerala with a large patient experience. Our Key Hole Heart Surgery Clinic is the leading program in the state of Kerala with a large patient experience and among the best nationally.
Our Heart transplant program is the second such division to perform Heart Transplant in the state of Kerala with good patient outcomes and survival.
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgical Division at our Heart Institute has an integrated, multidisciplinary team of doctors and health care professionals who provide individualized care. They ensure you receive exactly the care you need by working with state of the art operating rooms, Hybrid operating room, ICUs in collaboration with experts in Cardiology, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Hematology, Oncology, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Anesthesiology, Pathology, Endocrinology, Radiology, Pediatrics, And Physical Medicine Therapy.
Surgeries Offered in the division of Adult Cardiac Surgeries
- Heart - Lung Transplantation and Assist Devices
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Off Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Operation
- Complex Valvular Reconstruction
- Transcatheter Valve Implantation
- Endovascular Therapy for Aortic Pathologies
The surgeries that are routinely performed by our department are:
- CABG Beating Heart Surgery
- Single Valve And Double Valve Replacement
- Aneurysm/ Dissection Of Ascending, Arch, Thoracic And Abdominal Aorta
- Bypass Grafting Of Peripheral Vessels
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Heart Valve Repair/Replacement
- Repair of Vascular Trauma( Injury Of Vessels)
- Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Surgeries Offered in the division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- State of the art Paediatric Cardiac Service to entire age groups( Fetus, Newborn, Children, Adolescents and Adults)
- Out patient services- Physical Examination, Pulse Oxymetry Screening, Electrocardiography and Detailed Segmental Echocardiography For Congenital Heart Disease
- Fetal Echocardiogram, Counselling and follow up
- Interventional Paediatric Cardiology Procedures-Device Closure Of Septal Defects, Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Emergency Procedures for Critically ill Newborns- Ductal Stenting, Balloon Atrial Septostomy
Services Offered by the Paediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Surgical Correction of Congenital Cardiac Defects-Neonatal, Infant & Paediatric.
- Minimal Incision Right Thoracotomy for Simple Cardiac Defects
- Surgery for Adult Congenital Cardiac Defects
- Paediatric Thoracic And Mediastinal Surgeries
- Chemoport For Paediatric Oncology Patients
- Paediatric ECMO
- Paediatric Heart Transplantation
To know more about Caritas Transplantation Programme Click here